TiEcon 2017 focuses on disruptive tech because it celebrates its 25th 12 months
Introduced by TiE Silicon Valley
TiEcon — the annual tech entrepreneurship convention created by not-for-profit TiE Silicon Valley — is approaching on Could fifth & sixth. Its purpose is to function a two-day manifestation of TiE’s mission since 1992: to foster entrepreneurship.
The occasion has attracted four,600+ attendees from over 20 nations lately, and brings entrepreneurs, traders, C-level executives, authorities representatives, and different key gamers within the entrepreneurial ecosystem below one roof.
The tangible advantages stemming from the occasion are vital, and lots of earlier TiEcon attendees have left TiEcon realizing important worth for his or her corporations.
“In 2014, when we won the TiE50 [at TiEcon], it was an event that catapulted us forward,” mentioned Loretta Mayer, CEO of SenesTech. “When we were at TiEcon, we had a great idea. That was in 2014. We had some very promising data. [Then] in 2015 we filed for an EPA registration. In 2016, we received that registration, and at the end of 2016 our company went public and now we are marketing our technology around the world.”
Different entrepreneurs have echoed these sentiments.
“We were lucky enough to win the TiEcon Startup Challenge,” mentioned Jeremy Almond, CEO of Paystand. “From there we met customers, we met employees, and our business has continued to thrive since then.”
This 12 months, the convention is focusing specific consideration on trending applied sciences and cutting-edge areas of innovation — together with drones, autonomous autos, machine studying and VR — whereas nonetheless together with necessary tracks on areas that stay important — equivalent to safety, digital well being, fintech, and extra. The guideline is to cowl all areas that can profit startups on their path to success.
Don’t miss out. Register for TiEcon right here.
Right here’s what you’ll be able to anticipate to see this 12 months at TiEcon:
Watch startups compete for the title on the coveted annual competitors.
Is your product one thing potential clients, workers and traders have to see to consider? This is a chance to showcase or demo your product, and the Startup Expo ground is the place a lot of the TiEcon motion occurs!
Whether or not you will have questions associated to enterprise fashions, go-to-market technique, market section focus, or one other space of enterprise constructing, all TiEcon attendees might register for this session.
This Bootcamp the day earlier than TiEcon helps tech startups place themselves effectively to take advantage of out of TiEcon and have their pitch and angle refined earlier than assembly with potential collaborators throughout the convention.
And as for the content material periods, we are going to discover areas beneath with keynotes in addition to the next panels:
- AR/VR 101: The place we’re at and the way we’re constructing the longer term
- Enablers: Core tech, platforms and artistic drivers
- AR/VR Funding focus and future alternatives
- Self-driving standing verify: The expertise curve and key components on autonomous and software program
- Now to 2020: The regulatory path and early improvements
- Aggressive panorama: The place are the most important alternatives?
- Imagining the way forward for customized drugs
- How entrepreneurs are powering the way forward for healthcare
- Healthcare investments: The place will the funds circulation in 2017?
- Democratization of drones
- Drone laws: How quickly can we fly?
- From drone supply to flying drone taxis: An investor perspective
- Errors to keep away from as a first-time entrepreneur
- Funding and marketing strategy concerns: What works and what doesn’t
- Good to nice: Good VC + good entrepreneur = nice firm
- The way forward for crypto and blockchain
- Upcoming traits in monetary companies
- Safety and fraud
- Enterprise fashions for gaming corporations
- Gaming tech instruments and traits
- The way forward for gaming: An investor panel
- An insider’s view of govtech: Alternatives and challenges
- Pursuing a $400B market: Accelerators and traders
- Govtech is international: Worldwide views
- How IoT is reworking the way in which we work — Highlight on Industrial IoT
- Alternatives and challenges for startups in IoT
- The place are VCs investing?
- Why AI and ML are consuming the world
- The way forward for AI: Alternatives and challenges
- Enterprise panel
- Martech on the core of the digital advertising and marketing transformation
- 7 use circumstances of AI and machine studying in advertising and marketing
- Classes discovered from martech/adtech investments and ventures
- Unmet challenges within the enterprise safety area
- Mitigating hyper-growth in safety assault floor with minimal monetary spend
- Finish-point safety: Challenges and options
- Altering the sport as a person
- Altering the sport as an organization
- Modern enterprise fashions that change the sport
- Software program-defined infrastructure expands past the information heart
- New deployment fashions: containers, microservices and serverless architectures
- Investor curiosity in SDI
- Innovation: Concepts to options
- Making the world a greater place
- Youth & management
For any entrepreneur — however notably, these within the areas TiEcon is centering on this 12 months — we encourage you to take care of carry your corporation to the subsequent stage.
Sponsored posts are content material produced by an organization that’s both paying for the submit or has a enterprise relationship with VentureBeat, and so they’re at all times clearly marked. Content material produced by our editorial group is rarely influenced by advertisers or sponsors in any method. For extra data, contact gross email@example.com.